Last updated: 2 March 2016
The worldwalking.org website, iOS and Android apps (collectively “World Walking”) are a free service operated by World Walking - a registered Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation with charity number SC046245.
World Walking is a tool designed to motivate you to walk more, and is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- You must be aged over 13 years old to register and use World Walking.
- Your account must be linked to a verifiable email address and account information must be kept up-to-date at all times. Accounts registered by bots, scripts or otherwise will be terminated without notice.
- We collect and store information related to your use of our service. You agree that we may use this information for our general purposes and may disclose the information to third parties in aggregate statistical form, provided that we do not include any information that could be used to identify you personally.
- You are responsible for ensuring your login information and password is kept secure. World Walking will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred through unauthorised logins.
- We do not guarantee the service will meet your requirements, be available 100% of the time or be entirely bug free.
- We do not tolerate abusive comments, content or behaviour and reserve the right to remove or edit any content you post as well as remove the account of the offending user or group without notice.
- You are responsible for your own content and will need to check that you have rights to upload any photos or images to World Walking. We are not responsible for content added by our users.
- Support and help is provided entirely at our discretion and is only available by email or via our contact form.
- We reserve the right to remove any information which we consider to be unlawful, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, pornographic or otherwise objectionable. We also reserve the right to remove any information which violates the intellectual property of a third party.
- We may disclose any and all information about your use of our service following a legal court order or warrant, without further consent or notification to you.
- Uploading any viruses, executable files or other suspicious files is forbidden and may result in immediate account termination without notice.
- In no event will World Walking or its suppliers, licensors, partners, clients or supporters by liable for any loss or damage incurred to you or your business by using World Walking. This includes, but is not limited to, loss of profits, goodwill, data or other intangible losses.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless World Walking, its contractors, licensors, partners, clients and supporters and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of your use of World Walking or any experience or incident you have when exercising or using our service. Please take care!
- Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade or re-sell any part of World Walking is prohibited and we may take legal action against any breach of our intellectual property.
- All content and materials available on our service are the the intellectual property of World Walking, or are used in good faith under license or owner permission. If you believe we are in breach of intellectual property, you must contact us and request that the content be removed from our service, providing evidence of ownership and appropriate licenses. We will not be liable for any loss, damage or legal fees where the content or materials were uploaded by our users, or where we used the content or materials in good faith or based on a commercial or non-commercial license, for example creative commons.
- World Walking is based in Scotland, United Kingdom. Our service can be accessed globally, and each country has laws that may differ from those of Scotland and the United Kingdom. By accessing our website, you agree that all matters relating to the use of this website and the services provided will governed by and construed in accordance with Scots law. Furthermore, any legal action brought by or against World Walking shall be brought in the courts of Scotland, United Kingdom. You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
- World Walking lease servers from a third party company for hosting our service. Regular data backups are taken and may be stored off-site in a data centre outwith the United Kingdom.
- World Walking reserves the right to change these terms & conditions at any time.
The failure of World Walking to enforce any right or provision of these terms & conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The terms and conditions constitutes the entire agreement between you and World Walking and govern your use of our service, superseding any prior agreements between you and World Walking (including, but not limited to, any prior version of the terms and conditions).
If you have any questions or comments about these terms and conditions, you can contact us at [email protected]