World Walking celebrates its eighth birthday today. How the years have flown in.
- Eight years of doing the best we can with what we have to help motivate people to walk more for health and happiness.
- Eight years of growth.
- Eight years during which people have signed up to use our free platform and added steps every single day.
Every day now:
- Over 10,000 people add distance; and
- 100 million steps or more are added
With perfect timing, just 2 days ago our growing online community of world walkers passed the milestone of having clocked up 80 billion steps. ‘8 years - 80 billion steps’ What a lovely birthday present!
Our focus is now on reaching the tantalising target of 100 billion steps.
As if that wasn’t enough, our little, volunteer-led, Greenock-based charity is delighted to have just posted our best ever mid-year results:
- 31,550 new World Walking user accounts created;
- 27.5 billion steps recorded (11.7 Million miles); and
- 13,560 virtual walks completed.
All of this has only been possible thanks to much-appreciated donations from our wonderful users and grants from Inverclyde Council. We thank them sincerely from the bottom of our hearts for their continued and invaluable support.
Founder - World Walking
1 October 2021.